The upcoming African Label & Packaging Indaba will offer a detailed insight into the trends and developments in the South African labelling and packaging market.
Hosted at The Forum in Bryanston, Johannesburg from 8 to 9 September 2015, this event is primarily geared at education and innovation and will focus on the main label and packaging segments of PSA, IML, shrink, wrap around, flexible packaging, glass, carton, metal and rigid plastics, amongst others.
This indaba will bring industry together – packaging and labelling industry leaders; equipment and machinery suppliers; manufacturers; brand owners and retailers from the FMCG sector; converters and printers – to share insights into developments in their respective value chains in the southern African region.
This format will set the stage for extensive knowledge share and encourage networking opportunities across various industries. VDS Media is inviting individuals and companies to support this event.
Be sure not to miss engaging topics and talks from Afripack, BMI Research, Bordic, Brand Union, Distell, Nielsen, Sappi, Sidel, Tadbik, UPM Raflatac, WastePlan, Kempek, Stratcom, Bowler Plastics, Trempak and Traceability Solutions.
Topics that will be highlighted at this year’s’ event include:
- Global trends fuelling packaging innovation in Africa
- Creating African packaging opportunities across diverse markets
- Waste to energy in a resource efficient economy
- New substrate capabilities driving supply chain optimisation – for paper, film and PET
- Capturing luxury packaging imaginations in cosmetics, wines and spirits, and confectionery
- Beyond the shelf: Linking consumer engagement through interactive packaging/one to one engagement
- Food grade digital printing: A reality for smaller batches and greater personalisation in packaging – A part of the jigsaw!
- Designing for the modern consumer: Revolutionising branding and design
- The next big thing – Prototyping in packaging
- IML ‘the new kid on the block’: How innovation in IML benefits brand owners
- How to maximize opportunities in digital label printing
- Effective track and trace methods for brands and consumer protection – do you know where your products are?
- The what, why and how technical label panel – addressing technical problems in label production
- The rise of private labels – taking the next step in packaging
- Linerless labels – more uses than one!
- The future of label applications – a brand owners perspective
- Modernisation and transformative developments for shrink sleeves
- New and intelligent labelling technologies – Embedding your packages with smart technology
The end of day one will include an interactive networking and cocktail function, to be held at Cafe del Sol in Bryanston.
The price to attend is:
- R4 500 per delegate – for two days
- R2 800 for one day
- Special IPSA, PACSA, PIFSA, Plastics SA member fee: R4 300 per delegate – for two days
IMAGE CAPTION: Jolanda van de Spreng, MD of VDS Media, was joined by Alessandro Corticelli and Fabrice Digonnet from DOW Europe. The company took part at this year’s Packaging & Beyond conference, held in May.