The Bay Hotel in Cape Town provided a sparkling backdrop to the Food Review/Symrise New Product Competition 2018 awards evening. The event showcased a total of 33 entries across a wide variety of products, namely fresh juices, total meal solutions and reduced sugar and salt products. Congratulations to this year’s winner Aromat Naturally Tasty, which offers a low salt version of its brand icon, Aromat. The judges felt it was gutsy to reformulate an existing brand to fall in line with consumer expectations of less salt and no MSG, while still delivering great taste.
This year’s winners
2018 Range category
- Second runner up Woolworths Gluten Free Pretzels
- First runner up Woolworths Global Menu
- Winner Fry’s Family Food Crafted Range
2018 Individual category
- Second runner up SOGA Organic Frozen Lemon Juice
- First runner up Clover Cream O’ Naise
- Winner Aromat Naturally Tasty
- Second runners up Southern Oil’s Bwell Olive & Canola Mayonnaise and Fry’s Kasha Range
- First Runner Up ABINBEV – Castle Free
- Winner Soga Organic Frozen Lemon Juice
Editor’s Choice Award
2018 New Product Competition Winner
A big thank you to our sponsor Symrise and co-sponsor MCC Labels. Now in its 24th year, the Food Review/Symrise New Product Competition aims to give local and international brands supplied to the South African market the opportunity to showcase their innovative new products.
Congratulations to all our winners. We look forward to seeing you all in 2019!