Omron’s NX1 Sysmac entry-level machine controller not only integrates EtherNet/IP and EtherCAT connectivity but also motion control, and I/O (Input/Output) in one compact package.
In addition, it brings advanced motion and sequence control to small-to medium-size machines.
The electronic cam and interpolation increases machine speed and precision. This boosts productivity and quality.
Data collected from devices via the built-in EtherCAT port and mounted IO-Link master unit can be shared between machines via the built-in EtherNet/IP port. It reduces machine downtime and increases productivity by enabling predictive maintenance and full integration.
NX1 machine controller characteristics:
- LD instruction execution time: 3.3 ns, program capacity: 1.5 MB
- Built-in EtherNet/IP port, EtherCAT port, and SD memory card interface
- Up to 8 axes (including up to 4 axes of motion control)
- 24 or 40 I/O Push-In Plus terminals on central processing unit (CPU) for quick wiring
- Use of NX I/O unit expandability on CPU, distributed using EtherCAT
- IEC 61131-3 standard programming and PL Copen Function Blocks for motion control
Sysmac automation platform
Omron’s integrated automation platform is dedicated to providing complete control and management of an automation plant in one software. Programming based on global standards and open networks allows for building a globally standardised system.
The machine controller series offers synchronous control of all machine devices and advanced functionality such as motion, robotics, vision, safety, and database connectivity.
This multidisciplinary concept allows reduces programming and optimises productivity.
Sysmac is a registered trademark of the Omron Corporation in Japan and other countries for Omron factory automation products.