The African Packaging & Label Indaba offers a detailed insight into the trends and developments in the South African packaging and labelling market. The event will be held on 5 and 6 October at The Forum in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
The event is primarily geared at education and will focus on the main packaging and label segments of flexible packaging, glass, corrugated, metal, rigid plastics, PSA, IML, shrink, and wrap around. This event will bring industry leaders from the packaging and labelling industry, equipment and machinery suppliers, manufacturers, brand owners and retailers from the fast moving consumer goods sector, converters and printers to share insight into the developments of their respective value chains in the southern African region.
International speakers from HP Indigo (Israel), Ashland & Colorgen (UK) and Henkel (Dubai) will be joining the line-up.
Local speaker talent from Rand Merchant Bank, Nielsen, Brand Union, Tremfresh, Henkel, Revlon, UPM Raflatac, FSC, Billerud Korsnas and many more will also offer insights into the market.
* Packaging key note – presented by an industry expert
* The South African economic and currency outlook: Insights for the African packaging industry – John Cairns, currency strategist and co-head of research, Rand Merchant Bank
* Sentiment vs. spend trends: Impact on the packaging supply chain – Ailsa Wingfield, executive director marketing and communication, Africa and Middle East, Nielsen
* Fresh food and barrier packaging – the key to success in the FMCG sector – Keith Coleman, business development manager, TremFresh
* Understand how packaging design can serve as a narrative of your brand story – Alex Robertson, creative director, Brand Union and Charles Erasmus, senior strategist, Brand Union
* Packaging challenges in retail – the problems brand owners wish to solve
* Mega trends shaping packaging for the future – solutions for brand owners and retailers – Kim Tagesen, business director – Imea at Henkel (Dubai)
* Challenging conventional packaging a worlds first sealed paper packaging format – Stephen Hollinshead, technical service manager, sub Saharan Africa, BillerudKorsnas
* Customisation, personalisation and consumer experience – essential elements of today’s packaging marketing mix – Israel Kenan, HP Indigo – Israel
- Label key note – presented by an industry expert
- Global label trends: 2016 and beyond – Mark Scheuble, business development manager, Henkel
- Formulating migration compliant UV inks, coatings and adhesives for food packaging and labelling – Stuart May, business director, performance specialties and adhesives – Emea, Ashland Specialty Ingredients and Mark Bowman, managing director Colorgen UK and Colorgen South Africa
- Efficient and effective process and cost optimisation: The smart way forward for full circle label solutions – Junior Massyn, NPD project manager, Revlon
- The value added label partner: How to build and manage your corporate customer base – Junior Massyn, NPD project manager, Revlon
- Effectively communicating brand colours across different processes and substrates – Hauke Liefferink, managing director, Acme Graphics
- A global drive towards digital added value – what’s the ROI? – Hadar Peled Vaissman, creative application development, HP Indigo
- UPM presentation + The story behind the FSC label – Shaun Rootman, UPM and Manushka MoodleyFSC sub-regional coordinator – Southern Africa
- Contamination of food products by packaging – the legal ramifications – Janusz Luterek, director, Hahn & Hahn Inc.
Be sure not to miss engaging topics and talks from industry leaders from across the value chain.
The end of day one will include an interactive networking and cocktail function which will be held at the Landmark, Cafe del Sol in Bryanston.
The price to attend is R4 500 per person. The special fee for members of IPSA, Packaging SA, Printing SA and Plastics | SA is R4 300 per delegate (two days) and R2 500 per person for one day.
You can download the full Packaging Indaba programme here