The Venue in Sandton, Gauteng, offered a glittering backdrop to a night of celebrating innovation during the 2017 Food Review/Symrise New Products awards evening. The event showcased a total of 36 entries and was a great opportunity to see what our industry has to offer. This year, the call for reduced sugar, clean labels and innovative flavours were highlighted. The competition also saw pioneering products especially in the alcoholic craft beverage market. Congratulations to Futurelife for its Futurelife Smart Fibre 2 in 1. This product defines thinking out of the box!
This year’s winners
2017 Individual category
- Second runner up Tastefully Yours Braai & Choc
- First runner up Nuseed’s Vanilla Roasted Seeds
- Winner Futurelife’s SmartFibre 2 in 1
2017 Range category
- Second runner up Angel Heart Beverages Ginifer Gin Range
- First runner up Woolworths Coconut Water Range
- Winner Beyers Chocolates Chocolatier Collection
2017 Packaging award
- Second runner up Darling Brew Draft Beers Range
- First runner up Nomu Unsweetened Cocoa Drink
- Winner Woolworths Coconut Water
2017 Editor’s Award
2017 New Product Competition winners
Second runner up Woolworths Coconut Water range
- First runner up Beyers Chocolates Chocolatier Collection
- Overall winner Futurelife Smart Fibre 2 in 1
A big thank you to our sponsor Symrise, suppliers of over 30 000 fragrances, flavourings, functional ingredient and raw materials to the global food and beverage industry. Now in its 23rd year, the Food Review/Symrise New Product Competition aims to give local and international brands, supplied on the South African market, the opportunity to showcase their innovative new products.
Congratulations to all our winners! We look forward to seeing what you pull ou of the bag in 2018!