Each year, the fragrance and flavour fraternity in South Africa, eagerly anticipates the announcement and details of the SAAFFI annual seminar and workshop.
The 2017 event, the 15th such SAAFFI seminar, will be held on Thursday, 9 March at the Bytes Conference Centre in Midrand, Gauteng.
The 2017 seminar themed Fast forward…to Slow, proposes to examine how important it is to press the pause button in order to achieve more in the fast-paced, frenetic lives we all lead. The full-day program features an impressive line-up of speakers; a hands-on workshop; an inspiring motivational presentation and an experiential networking cocktail event, where various tastes and aromas will be showcased.
For the last 14 years, the SAAFFI seminar has attracted around 200 key personnel, drawn from a wide range of companies in the flavour and fragrance sector. FMCG companies (who are users of flavours and fragrances), academics, consultants, regulators,raw material suppliers and anyone interested in the fascinating world of fragrance and flavours also attend. The day offers valuable learning and networking opportunities to people in management, sales, marketing, technical, procurement, research and development, applications, operations and even tertiary level students.
An additional attraction is the jam-packed goody bag which each delegate takes home at the end of the day!
Concerns about negotiating peak hour traffic can be happily allayed as the Gautrain transport system serves the venue.
Costs of the event, including teas, snacks, lunch, the cocktail party and all workshop material are as follows:
- Delegates from SAAFFI member companies: R1 254 per person including VAT
- Delegates from organisations who are not SAAFFI members: R1 397 per person including VAT.
There are bulk discounts for group bookings and for members of Coschem. For more information, contact the SAAFFI office on 011 447 2757 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings can be made directly on the SAAFFI website: http://saaffi.co.za/events/saaffis-annual-seminar-workshop/
The deadline for bookings is 24th February 2017, and for payment 27th February 2016.
Those who attend are sure to take away added skills, useful information and a solid dose of career-oriented motivation. A day not to be missed by any flavour and fragrance industry professional…
SAAFFI, the South African Association of the Flavour & Fragrance Industry, represents all aspects of this fascinating industry. It unites the Industry across non-competitive industry issues, freeing up individual organisations to grow their business.
Comments from the 14th SAAFFI seminar (2016) H2 or 3 format
On the Speakers……
- Excellent presentation
- The speaker was really good and engaging; his content was very interesting.
- EXCELLENT, LOVED IT!
- Very interesting – fantastic speakers
- Very interesting – a nice touch to keep things light and interesting.
- Very interesting field – I had no idea it existed. The speaker was also very natural and engaging.
- Very interesting and unique concept to have got better insight into
- The business itself is unique and we need more people like this to talk about interesting niche businesses
- Great speaker!
- Great way to end the seminar and laugh a bit 🙂
- Absolutely great fun – the speaker had such confidence and made the day end on such a light note, it was great
On the Workshop……
- Excellent ice breaker
- Great idea and way to network in a more casual way
- It was great
- Great fun!
- Was lovely meeting new people
- Great opportunity to get to know people on a different level
- Superbly organised. Well done to all.
- Very well organised
- The best ever. Short activities and keep moving.
- We had fun
- Excellent workshop, very well organised
- Most enjoyable.
- It was a great informative workshop
- This session inspired creativity and encouraged a competitive spirit
- Had a great time, good networking
- Was good fun
On the Venue & Food……
- Excellent snacks
- Lunch was excellent 🙂
- Wonderful lunch and dessert
- Was great and loved how it correlated to the African theme