The African Packaging & Label Indaba which will be held on 5 and 6 October at The Forum in Bryanston, Johannesburg has just released its final agenda for the event. If you are a player in the South Africa packaging and labelling market, be sure not to miss this much anticipated symposium.
This event is primarily geared at education and will focus on the main packaging and label segments of flexible packaging, glass, corrugated, metal, rigid plastics, PSA, IML, shrink and wrap around.
The organisers are very excited to announce the key note presentation by Charles Muller, executive director of Packaging SA.
- Packaging key note: SA packaging industry – opportunity or crisis – Charles Muller, executive director, Packaging SA
- The South African economic and currency outlook: Insights for the African packaging industry – John Cairns, currency strategist and co-head of research, Rand Merchant Bank
- Sentiment vs. spend trends: Impact on the packaging supply chain – Ailsa Wingfield, executive director marketing and communication, Africa and Middle East, Nielsen
- Fresh food and barrier packaging – the key to success in the FMCG sector – Keith Coleman, business development manager, TremFresh
- Understand how packaging design can serve as a narrative of your brand story – Alex Robertson, creative director, Brand Union and Charles Erasmus, senior strategist, Brand Union
- Packaging challenges in retail – the problems brand owners wish to solve – Musa Maswanganyi, private label packaging design and development, Masscash
- Mega trends shaping packaging for the future – solutions for brand owners and retailers – Kim Tagesen, business director – IMEA at Henkel (Dubai)
- The sustainable dust tight sealed – paper packaging for dry foods – Stephen Hollinshead, technical service manager, sub Saharan Africa, BillerudKorsnas
- Customisation, personalisation and consumer experience – essential elements of today’s packaging marketing mix – Israel Kenan, HP Indigo – Israel
- Label key note – Label standards and challenges – Paul Kruger, production manager, Zanpak
- Global Label Trends: 2016 and beyond – Mark Scheuble, business development manager, Henkel
- Formulating migration compliant UV Inks, coatings and Adhesives for food packaging and labelling – Stuart May, business director, performance specialties and adhesives – EMEA, Ashland Specialty Ingredients and Mark Bowman, managing director Colorgen UK and Colorgen South Africa
- Efficient and effective process and cost optimisation: The smart way forward for full circle label solutions – Junior Massyn, NPD project manager, Revlon
- The value added label partner: How to build and manage your corporate customer base – Junior Massyn, NPD project manager, Revlon
- Effectively communicating brand colours across different processes and substrates – Hauke Liefferink, managing director, Acme Graphics
- A global drive towards digital added value – what’s the ROI? – Hadar Peled Vaissman, creative application development, HP Indigo
- UPM presentation + The story behind the FSC label – Shaun Rootman, UPM and Manushka MoodleyFSC sub-regional coordinator – Southern Africa (FSC)
- Contamination of food products by packaging – the legal ramifications – Janusz Luterek, director, Hahn & Hahn Inc.
The end of day one will include an interactive networking and cocktail function which will be held at the Landmark, Cafe del Sol in Bryanston.
The price to attend is R4 500 pp. The special fee for members of IPSA, Packaging SA, Printing SA and Plastics | SA is R4 300 per delegate (two days). R 2 500 pp for one day.