The Institute for International Research (IIR) is hosting a two day workshop, dedicated to tackling the impact of major changes to legislation governing food in South Africa. The need to ensure compliance has never been more important, but many companies are still struggling to understand the lengthy legalities, provisions, exclusions, ambiguities and challenges of complying with this legislation.
The workshop will be held on 12-13 July 2012 at The Wanderers Club, Illovo, Johannesburg. Jane Badham and Nigel Sunley from Consultants in Food Labelling (CFL) and Janusz Luterek from Hahn and Hahn Attorneys will unpack each piece of legislation step-by-step, highlighting how certain areas will affect you, your products and your business.
Topics will include:
- What does the food labelling legislation entail?
- Country of origin and QUID
- The world of claims – what’s prohibited and what might be misleading?
- Enforcement and future developments
- The implications for the food and beverage industry
- Understanding the rights of consumers – the Consumer Protection Act
- How to protect your brand’s integrity
- And more…
Engage with experts and other companies facing the same challenges and learn how to implement solutions to ensure the protection of your brand and your company’s reputation.