The 2019 Food Review/Symrise New Product Competition Awards evening was held at The Venue against the glittering backdrop of Sandton, Gauteng. This year’s event showcased a total of 29 entries across a wide range of products. Luxury biltong and confectionery, craft and traditional beverages, reduced sugar baking ingredients, flavours and spices and an interesting mix of dairy products including protein yoghurt and delectable ice cream rounded off the product offering.
Congratulations to this year’s winner, Woolworths Mini Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Bars. This product as a concept is a first to market in South Africa. The new format allows portion control for indulgent eating – vitally important in the face of the country’s spiralling obesity crisis. Products are not only visually very appealing, with an excellent contrast between the different layers and a beautifully balanced taste.
This year’s winners!
2019 Range category
- Second runner up – Woolworths Tonic Water Range
- First runner up – Pesto Princess 100 per cent Plant Based Fresh Soup Range
- Winner – Woolworths Double Cream Strained Yoghurt
2019 Individual category
- Second runner up – Darling Brew – Pixie Dust
- First runner up – Pioneer Foods Wellingtons Sweet Jalapeno Sauce
- Winner – Woolworths Mini Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Bars
- Second runner up – Woolworths Raw Cacoa Treats Range
- First runner up – SAB Brutal Fruit Ruby Apple Spritzer
- Winner – Ceres Cider Company – Loxtonia Cider Range
Editor’s Choice Award
- Beyers Chocolates – Beyers Craft Range
2019 New Product Competition winner
- Woolworths Mini Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Bars
A big thank you to our sponsor Symrise. Now in its 25th year, the Food Review/Symrise New Product Competition aims to give local and international brands supplied to the South African market the opportunity to showcase their innovative new products.
Congratulations to all our winners. We look forward to seeing you all in 2020!