With a 10 per cent rise in the number of new products presented for the SIAL Innovation Awards, there is no stemming the flow of agri-food innovations, whether targeting manufacturers, retailers or, of course, consumers.
Worldwide, the agri-food industry is striving to adapt to the appetites of a new generation hankering for fresher, healthier food, by developing new products and new ingredients that will soon be making their way to the store shelves and the dining table.
This edition of SIAL 2018 will mark the big comeback of taste. Or rather, tastes: tastes that are new and powerful, to bring new ‘pleasure experiences’ to consumers. Also – and above all: natural tastes. “True”, authentic products, playing the transparency card so as to reassure consumers who are increasingly conscious of food risks. These are innovations that carry meaning: for yourself, for others, for the planet!
With 2 355 entries for the Awards, this 2018 edition testifies once again to the vitality and boldness of the companies concerned. Following a first selection conducted by XTC world innovation, 801 finalists were short-listed in three categories: product sectors, purchaser target sectors, and Intermediate Products & Ingredients and E&T sectors.
The Innovation Scouts Are:
- Yannick Alléno – Star chef
- Olivier Gourmelon – Foodservice consultant, KingsofKitchen
- Olivier Moulin – Blogger: “Papa en Cuisine” (“Dad in the Kitchen”)
- Isabelle Martinet – Journalist
- Giannina Cohen Aubier – Director, VFCRP
- Pascale Grelot-Girard – Market Intelligence Director Kantar TNS
- Jean-Pierre Clément – Fauchon
- Jean-François Aubry – Journalist
- Antoine Carroz – Lafayette Gourmet
- Sophie Labbe – Utopies
- Bruno David – Intermarché
- Benoît Landier – Intermarché
- Florencia Pagano – ILACAD – XTC Latin America
- Isabelle Marquis – XTC North America
- Marc Frassenge – Ouhlala – XTC China
- Xavier Terlet – CEO, XTC world innovation
- Anne Cathy de Taevernier – Elior
- Franck Tesson – Gault & Millau
- Anne-Florence Sattonnay – Disney
- Junghoon Moon – Food Biz Lab, South Korea
- Nicolas Trentesaux – Managing Director of SIAL Network
- Adeline Vancauwelaert – Deputy Director, F&B Division
Innovations from the World Over
Focus on the SIAL Innovation 2018 Awards, for which the 15 prizewinning entries were selected on 20 September by a jury of experts. They will be on show in the Innovation Space at SIAL Paris from 21 to 25 October 2018.